This is what I do.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Texas Bound






-brushing my teeth at some rest stop.
Boy, what a journey this trip to Texas has been. Started out a little rocky, but then things slowly started to come together, and it turned out to be a fun and amazing adventure; not to mention quite an original experience. Though I have been on the road countless times since I began doing caricatures last year, I felt like this one proved to be the most challenging one of them all, as well as the most educational one. I learned a lot while on this journey, and hopefully, the knowledge I gained will make things easier for the future.




-LOOKOUT!!!!
My story began with me not having a clue on how to file my taxes as a self employed artist. Decided to wait on it till I got to Texas. When I first hit the road, problems already began to arise. First a fuse blew in my car, disabling my car charger, which I needed to use my gps on my phone. That forced me to cut the trip short, and I ended up sleeping at a rest stop somewhere near Tennessee.
The next morning I got breakfast at a local truck stop, and began taking parts of my interior off in search of the fuse box. When I found it, I removed the burnt fuse, and went on an hour and a half journey in search of a replacement. No shop could replace the dame thing, fore the Japanese like to make everything complicated and tiny as fuck. I ended up just switching out the fuse with one that controlled the back window. Success! My charger worked again.
Once I got my car all back together again, I sat down for a few minutes to collect my thoughts. That moment, a car pulled into the parking space and dropped off two hitchhikers, before the driver took off, back to where ever he was headed in his world.




-Talking to Standish (middle) and Josie (right)
I talked to them and found out that they have been hitch hiking for quite some time now, coming all the way from California, and Colorado. It was a young man and woman in their early twenties maybe, they were both equipped with tons of bags and camping equipment, and then I noticed something around the young mans neck; a necklace of some sort.




-hemp gear!
The young man's name was Stan, but he called himself "Standish", and then gave me some far out hippie explanation why he called himself that... I don't quite remember what he said though; I suppose I caught some kind of contact buzz. But I do remember him telling me how he travels all across the country selling these hand made hemp necklaces. He also took part in the Occupy protesting thing and all that kinda stuff.
Josie was the name of the young girl and she turned out to be a photographer who just one day decided to hit the road, and they ended up crossing paths. How romantic.
We then parted ways, and I got back on the road. The trip was long, but it was fun. Saw some amazing sights along the way, and I got to take some pretty cool photos.




-rainbow after another tornado ripped through a HAARP experiment. Lol! Just kidding, Jared.




-lol! Weather control. Smh
As fun as it was, after 28 hours of nothing but road, mountains, and random people at gas stations talking about how they got cock-blocked at the party the other night, I'm so glad it's finally over. Now time to draw some more funny faces in Texas.




-my rest stop kitchen.




-mmmmmm, still tastes like car battery.

Location:Texas, road trip

No comments:

Post a Comment